TERMS & CONDITIONS: COVID-19
Due to the recent Coronavirus outbreak, Sun Destinations has made special provisions for amendments of bookings.
COVID-19 RELATED QUALIFYING CONDITION
This COVID-19 policy will apply if any of the conditions listed below come into effect within a period of 2 months prior to a guest’s intended arrival and will apply if the said conditions affect any SUN DESTINATIONS properties within a guest’s itinerary.
• The government in the guest’s country of residence restricts travel, which has a direct causal impact on the guest’s travel plans.
• Travel restrictions on the destination/s are imposed by the guest’s country of residence.
• South Africa falls under official government sanctioned lockdown.
• South Africa closes their borders to all international travellers, or to travellers from the guest’s country of residence.
• International flights are cancelled, with no alternative routing available to reach South Africa.
• A mandatory quarantine period is imposed by South Africa or on return to the guest’s country of residence
• The guest’s country of residence has imposed a COVID-19 related travel advisory.
• If the guest has contracted COVID-19 and is in quarantine or under medical treatment up to 48 hours prior to travel. In such a case, supportive documentation will be required.
Cancellations due to fear of contracting COVID-19 or the prevalence of comorbidities will not constitute legitimate grounds for the waivering of cancellation fees.
Should the qualifying criteria listed above not be present, SUN DESTINATIONS standard Cancellation Terms and Conditions will apply.
• Bookings may be held provisionally for 14 days if made more than 60 days prior to arrival, and for 7 days if made less than 60 days prior to arrival
• A 20% deposit is required within 10 days of the booking confirmation.
• The balance of payment is required 45 days prior to arrival.
• If cancelled (due to a COVID-19 qualifying conditions) within 48 hours prior to arrival, a full credit will be held for a future booking.
• Refunds will be made in the property’s published currency, less any bank charges incurred.
EXISTING BOOKINGS (POSTPONED & CANCELLED)
• Sun Destinations Standard Operating Procedure for cancelled bookings where funds have been received is to issue a credit note to the agent for the amount paid, these credit notes do not expire and can be applied to any booking within the relevant Sun Destinations portfolio.
• All provisional and confirmed bookings can be postponed to 2021 with no increase in rates, if bookings are postponed to 2022, guests will be liable to pay for the applicable increase in rates.
• Any postponement is subject to availability.
• For any postponements to 2022, these dates can be obtained at a later stage in 2021.
BOOKINGS POSTPONED TO TRAVEL IN 2021
• All existing bookings due to travel in 2020 may be postponed to 2021 without penalty. 2020 rates will be honoured and there is no limit to the number of postponements
• Postponements confirmation will be held provisionally for 14 days if made more than 60 days prior to arrival, and for 7 days if made less than 60 days prior to arrival
• A 20% deposit is required within 10 days of the booking confirmation
• Full payment is due 45 days prior to arrival.